Long Time No Sew!

I've been absent for quite some time, but I've been busy. I've been growing a new belly baby, getting ready to move, and taking care of my busy little bees around here. Morning sickness has been atrocious, so I haven't had much energy at all, let alone creative energy. I've done a fair bit of knitting, but I'm just getting back into the swing of sewing. My darling husband also surprised me with a beautiful DSLR for my birthday in February, so I need to get to work on improving my photography as well.
Today's project started as a dress for my girl, using Alexander Henry's Juicy with a matching vibrant yellow solid. It's drizzling and barely above freezing here, so photos of said dress and stir-crazy toddler were challenging at best.
Just this week, I finished a pair of toddler-size capris for a collaboration with Allison from PurlyQ. The yarn is her custom colorway, Spring Meadow, on Cestari Superfine Merino wool with a semi-colid matching pink trim. The colors are so vibrant and the Cestari is so cottony-soft, Allison's yarn was a pleasure to knit. The capris will be stocking on WAHM Nation on Tuesday, April 20th, at 8am EST. There are four ounces of yarn and trim left, so I'm also working on a small soaker for the stocking as well.
If this baby turns out to be a girl, Allison is going to be busy dyeing yarn for me. Photographs don't do her work justice, and she's just an absolute doll to work with. She's also a very talented graphic artist, and has done all the layout and advertising work for my main store, KumfyKozies.
To brighten your day on this drizzley afternoon, I leave you with a photo I took a week ago of my precious niece, Alexandra. She's so beautiful, sweet, and has the complexion of a porcelain doll.

Comments

Popular Posts