A New Kind of Problem

On April 1st, our family grew by a badger. Or a baby boy whom we affectionately call Badger, as he was named by his 2.5-year-old sister many months ago because she believes herself to be a raccoon. I was blessed to have a homebirth with this long and lean 9-pound boy, surrounded by skilled midwives and my incredible husband, and further spoiled to have my husband home with us for the first two weeks of Badger's life outside the womb. Now he's back to work and I'm working on getting our home into a new routine.
Therein lies a new problem: How do I put this boy down? He is a precious, mellow, sweet, lovable and snuggly little thing, who just loves to be held. I can put him down and more often than not he won't cry, but he's so very good at making these adorable noises and just wooing me into picking him back up. My arms just feel sad and empty without his warmth and sweetness there. How am I supposed to cook, clean, do laundry, knit, and sew without putting him down? Yes, there's the Moby, the Ergo, and all the other contraptions, but all I want to do is hold him and stare at his beautiful face, admiring the perfection of this surprise package God gave us. 

Comments

Popular Posts