Catching Up

We've had some family issues to deal with as of late, including the death of my beloved grandpa, so I have been scarce. I have been staying busy, though!
I finished the sleeveless tunic for my niece's birthday(December 31st), and only just had a chance to give it to her this weekend. I look forward to getting some action shots of the entire ensemble. My niece is such a petite, fair-skinned sweetie, with a bald head and pale skin like a porcelain doll, I couldn't possibly knit something to outshine her cuteness, but I tried to make something simple and functional for a learning-to-walk one-year-old.
I also finished a pair of capris for a collaboration on the congo I am a member of on HyenaCart, called WAHM Nation. Another WAHM made a long-sleeved tee embellished with the purple-themed Ooga-Booga fabric by MOM, llc, and a third WAHM made a dozen cloth wipes with the same Ooga Booga fabric, and hand-dyed purple organic cotton velour. Everything is on its way to me, and I am excited to get it all photographed and listed. The capris are mediums I knit from my own Kumfy Pants pattern, with a ruffled cuff. I use 3-ply PureWool in the Salinas colorway. I'm really pleased with the result, and excited to get the fundraising collaboration auction listed.
Another project recently completed, was a sleeveless tunic for my 3-year-old daughter, identical to (but bigger than) the tunic I knit for my niece. I initially wrote the pattern as a jumper for her when she was about 18-months-old, but decided to modify it to be a tunic she could wear through the rest of the winter, and into the spring and early summer. This project was meant to be simple enough to knit in the dark start to finish, during the 24-hour round trip to and from North Carolina this weekend for my grandpa's memorial service. I consider the project a success, it's basic, beautiful, and my daughter has not taken it off since we arrived home. She even wore it to bed last night. Therefore, I only have photos of her in it.

Another new undertaking: The Twisty Trouser pattern by Lynne at Cabbages and Kings. This first pair will be teeny-tiny, and a gift for the chef at the restaurant where I am employed. He and his wife are expecting a baby boy in early March, and I'm excited to surprise them with a pair of Twisty Trousers. If they are as easy as they seem so far, I plan to knit a pair for each of the new babies I know that are coming in the next six months. That includes 5 between now and April 30th. I better get knitting.

Comments

Popular Posts