Girliness

In September, our household's even numbers of 2:2 will be thrown off. We'll be adding another little girl to the mix. My KumfyKozies projects for the month of June were dedicated to the boys for four ALL BOY! stockings, but now that we're getting close to the baby moon, I'm focusing my creative energy on my own kidlets, and building a lovely knit stash for our new little girl.
The most recent finished project for Baby Girl is a pair of knit longies. I used 3-ply Uruguayan Merino from PureWool, in their Renaissance colorway. Renaissance is a gorgeous, sunny colorway, with a bright emerald green, coral, and yellow, with splashes of orange and white. This colorway was brand new when I ordered it in a co-op last summer, but to my dismay is now discontinued. I would really like to make Baby Girl a skirt from this colorway next spring/summer, so it looks like my only option there will be to get some in another co-op that allows people to purchase older/discontinued colorways.
Another project I finished this week was a Maxi Dress for my 3.5-year-old girl. The pattern is an absolute breeze, but knitting anything in a size 5T quickly becomes tedious. Due to some late pregnancy symptoms last week, I spent a lot of time on the couch with my feet up, and managed to finish this sweet dress in four days, but I swore the skirt would last forever. All the tediousness was worth it in the end, because the dress fits like a glove, and my Big Girl loves it. She wouldn't take it off for two days, even for bedtime. In the mean time, plenty of people have had a chance to see it, and ask me to knit one for their little girls. I don't see that happening any time soon, but I do have a sweet niece who will be getting one for her birthday for sure. I used Cascade 220 Superwash Paints in the Jellybean colorway with a matching Cascade 220 solid purple trim.
Currently on the needles is a SMSS Seamless Wrap Kimono for Baby Girl, using the yarn leftovers from her big sister's Maxi Dress. There should be just enough!

Comments

Popular Posts