Happy New Year!

I took the month of December off from business to catch up, enjoy family, take a deep breath and recuperate from our move. We're into the new year now, so I'm back at it. Recovering from the move and unpacking took much longer than expected, though. Mamas tend to push themselves to the limits both physically and emotionally, and for me coffee usually gives me a breath of air for the last push to get it all done. Not this time! This time my body screamed during our move that carrying a 25-pound baby on my back in the Ergo while loading a 25-foot moving truck with furniture and boxes and shampooing carpets as we cleared each room was not okay. I developed a lovely stress fracture in my ankle. After 7 weeks of "taking it easy" and Extra Strength Tylenol, I am nearly 100% and getting back into the swing of things.
My desk and machines
My sewing corner of the office is nearly unpacked, though it'll likely stay in the current state of 'almost' indefinitely. Our space is a bit tighter now because rather than having an entire open finished basement for my studio, I have a small office/work room/school room shared with my husband and kids. I also found myself needing to order some new supplies after my last-minute dash to finish Christmas presents that extended into the wee hours of Christmas morning while the kids slept. The last of my necessary CPSIA-required tags arrived in the mail, so now I am buckling down to make a plan for the rest of the month's stockings and surprises.
That's right, I said surprises. I've been working on new patterns, among other things, and I'm excited to spill the beans in the coming weeks and months. Lots of knits, new sewn goods, brand new patterns and fabulous new options for old ones, as well as new venues and listings. Spring is going to have SO much newness for me. I'm excited!
At the moment, however, I'm finishing up a pair of custom jeans ordered from On the Other Side, and testing a WAHM's first pattern. It's a fantastic pattern and I'm thrilled to get the project finished both so my son can wear it and so the WAHM can finish her testing phase  to publish. The gorgeous yarn I'm using is the boyish version of Eco-Wrapz's "Silver Rain" on Mountain Meadow Wool. It's gorgeous stuff. The colors are so much more vibrant than I can even capture on film. I'm finishing the hood of the garment and will certainly post photos of the finished object once the pattern-writer approves. 

Comments

Popular Posts