Resting

   One of my favorite times of the day is rest time. My kids are getting older- 8.5, 6.5, 4.5, and 2- but I still require a "nap" for all every afternoon. One of the many blessings of homeschooling! For an hour every day, all four of my kids lay down to rest. My two readers take books, but all four must lay still and quiet for at least an hour. The rest is good for all of us. Even me. It's the perfect time every afternoon for me to get focused work done, enjoy the peace and quiet, or take a nap myself. This is imperative to my functioning every day.
   Some days I use my 'rest time' to get a dose of aromatherapy pick-me-up. Today it's 3 drops each of Bergamot and Tangerine essential oils.
   Bergamot is a tropical citrus that is commonly used in perfumes and teas because of it's pleasant scent, but it also has many proven health benefits, including(but not at all limited to) antidepressant effects. Because of the way it stimulates various parts of the brain, it's often very effective in uplifting the mind and helping ease tension and anxiety. (More information here: https://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/essential-oils/health-benefits-of-bergamot-essential-oil.html )
   Tangerine is another citrus that is particularly well-known for being calming, uplifting, and energizing. (More information here: https://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/essential-oils/health-benefits-of-tangerine-essential-oil.html )


 
How do YOU care for yourself on any everyday basis?

Comments

Popular Posts