Candy Canes, Peace Fleece, and Liam the Lamb



I spent all day on Monday sewing-sewing-sewing. I made 8 pair of matching fleece lounge pants from my Kumfy Lounge Pants pattern. I know how much my family loves our matching Christmas pants every year, so I made some for the store.
Next on the sewing list: Christmas pants for my own family! In the end of October, I took advantage of a sale and additional discount code at JoAnn Fabrics, and bought a couple yards of a fun, wintery, gender-neutral fleece to make Christmas pants for my kids, niece, and nephews.

I also cast on a pair of longies for a you-pick-size slot purchased on my store. They're going to be size large knit Kumfy Pants, but with an extra-long 14-inch inseam. That's long!
The yarn is scrumptious. I adore Peace Fleece. Some people say it's too rough for a newborn or tiny infant, but I was very pleased with both pair of newborn Peace Fleece longies I knit for my son, and continue to use it now. These particular longies are being knit use worsted-weight Peace Fleece in the Hemlock colorway. GORGEOUS! So bold and vibrant! I wish either of my kids needed more woolies, because this color is just amazing. The inseam will be daunting, but the yarn is such a pleasure to work with, I look forward to watching it stitch together. Work-in-progress pictures to come!

Another new creation is from a pattern I created. I have a very dear friend who lost her son to SIDS. For the five short weeks she had her Liam, she nicknamed him Lambchop. In honor of her little man, I named my newest creation Liam the Lamb. The ribbons around his neck or the SIDS Awareness ribbon colors. My kids each have their own Liam, and another Liam found his way into a polymailer, and headed off to Liam's mama. He was delivered this morning.

Comments

Popular Posts